Monday, November 23, 2015

Sicky Germs

Wow.

Obviously, illness is something that everyone needs to be prepared for. What I thought was a yucky cold just kept coming and getting worse. Last week, I thought that I was on the way back to health.

Wrong. I started running a fever. Which lasted on and off for three days. I am not big on going to the doctor so true to form I did not this time either. The fever was a low grade fever so I do not believe that I had the flu. Aside from the fact that I ran a fever, all of my symptoms fell solidly into the camp of cold. Turns out, you can run a fever with a cold. Wow. I learned something new.

I am a firm believer that herbal remedies work for many things. That is what I used(after my husband went to the store when I ran out!) If you have specific questions about herbal remedies, please, look them up. There is all kinds of info out there online and in books to refer to. I have several.

What made me think this time was my situation. I am currently not working. If I had been working, I would have had the time to take off work or lose pay. If I had "pressing" chores to do, I would have had to do them, fever or not. Or, someone would have had to do my chores on top of theirs. That could create a big problem.

It did create a few small problems. Most notably, I was not up to cooking any meals. While I do not have any small children in my house, I do try to cook dinner every day for leftovers for lunch and to make sure my son eats decent food in the evening. Otherwise he would snack or eat a can of soup, or three, and call it good. I would much prefer him to eat a meal. My husband is also perfectly capable of cooking dinner as well. And he did, but this goes back to someone else having to pick up the slack. Right now, not a major problem, but it could become one.

I was not really prepared for this in any way. As noted above, my husband had to make a trip to the store to get me more of one of my choice herbal remedies. I had not taken any meat out of the freezer for meals. I did not have any more premade meals in the freezer for my family to grab in the event that we did not have a cooked dinner.

Another aspect of this: If you could not run to the store and buy bleach, or Lysol, or your preferred method of disinfecting, what would you use? How would you try to prevent the spread of the "sicky" germs?

So think ahead. How would you clean, feed, accomplish tasks? Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment