Friday, December 4, 2015

Of Garlic and Government

Just like many other people we have had a whole lotta rain. I dumped our rain gauge out on Saturday when we were out working in the yard. This is the picture I took yesterday when I ventured outside again.
That is a five inch rain gauge. It was overflowing. It was on the five in mark on Tuesday afternoon when I noticed it. And it just kept raining. I am not sure how much we actually got at my house as I was lazy and did not want to go out into the rain to dump it before it got full and overflowing.

I planted garlic in our garden this fall. It is doing well. I planted nine cloves so that I could hopefully have nine bulbs. With many cloves. We really love garlic. It is good for so many things, both culinary and medicinal. We use a LOT of garlic.

Since I do not have any garlic from the garden yet, we bought some. I decided to try my hand at dehydrating it. So, here I have my garlic:
Then I peeled it:
You get very sticky peeling that much garlic.
Wow, they kind of look like lumpy potatoes that close up.

Then I chopped them up. The book said to cut them in half, but I figured they might dry faster if they were cut up a little smaller.

They are still in the dehydrator and will be for several hours. They are still very flexible. I need them to be crisp. I can use them by chopping them up and have garlic pieces. Or I can put them in my mortar and pestle and grind them up for powder. Or I can just throw them in as is into soups or any other dish I would add garlic. Wait, is there anything I don't add garlic to?? Maybe some desserts, that's about it.

I was not going to put anything on this blog about politics, but it seems I can't help myself right now.

I have been following the terrorist attack in California just as everyone else has. This is unacceptable for our country. When did we allow ourselves to turn into such a place? How did we let our country turn into such a politically correct pansy state that we refuse to call a spade a spade?

It appalls me that there were people that saw these people coming and going into the house of one of the shooters that was involved in this. And didn't report it. Why? They didn't want to get into trouble for "racial profiling". Are you kidding me? What difference does that make? I feel like they are also responsible for this attack. All they had to do was call the cops and report suspicious behavior.

I want to know why it's acceptable to keep bringing these "refugees" to our country. We have seen firsthand what happened when these so called refugees were allowed into France. I also want to know why most if not all the pictures of these so called refugees are men. If they are truly seeking safety, why are there not more women and children?

I just heard on the news this afternoon that ISIS is expected to claim credit for this attack in California. This piece of news today, when yesterday TPTB (the powers that be) said there was not enough evidence to call this a terrorist attack. This is where we should be calling a spade a spade. These shooters were terrorists, plain and simple. Should we also be calling our government terrorists for allowing these terrorists into our country? For allowing them in our country to kill our citizens, we should all be shouting to our government. Even if they stopping bringing in "refugees" right now, it's too late. They are already here. They are crossing our borders in the southwest at an alarming rate as well.

We should all be paying very close attention to what is going on around us. Please watch closely the things going on in your neck of the woods. And for Pete's sake, if you see something report it. Do not run the risk that another attack can happen because we didn't want to hurt someone's feelings. I would rather hurt someone's feelings and no one die, than to spare a few people getting feelings hurt and many people die. I won't have that on my conscious.

Please be careful and be safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment