Monday, July 30, 2018

Decisions and Catching Up

I was unofficially offered a promotion at work on Saturday. It would mean a pretty good raise, but also a lot more hours. Saturday night, my husband and I talked about it. I slept on it. We talked some more on Sunday morning. I decided if they could meet a few terms that I had, I would take the job. So, I texted my boss Sunday evening to tell him I had made a decision. Would he rather me come in on Monday or just call? He said just to call. I think he thought I would say no.

I called today mid-morning and he didn't answer and I left a message. He called this afternoon to tell me the offer was off the table for now. The owner had made a decision early this morning to hire another manager. He also told me that if this other employee didn't work out, he would make sure the owner knew what he had in mind and the offer would be renewed.

My dog got stung by a bee again today. He has a bad habit of chasing anything that buzzes. He went flying off the porch when I let him out to chase something in the yard and before he got off the steps, he apparently stepped on a yellow jacket. He limped back up on the porch and we got him inside. I looked up what could be done for it. I saw a few things, but the biggest thing I saw was to make sure the stinger was out. I was trying to look at his paw and he was NOT happy about it. He growled at me and actually snapped at me. I know he was hurting, but that is totally not acceptable. So, I snapped my fingers at him and pointed down, which he knows means to stop what he is doing and lay down, which he did. He didn't bite hard and didn't break the skin or leave a mark or anything, however, that behavior will not be tolerated. We decided for me to hold him in my lap and hang on to his head just in case and my husband checked the paw out. No stinger that we could see. He did growl, just didn't make any attempt to snap or bite. We gave him a couple of treats for being such a good boy. I got some frozen chicken innards I saved from the last chicken we cooked and stuck them in a sock. I put it down on the floor and got his paw on it. He stayed like that for a few minutes. Now, he seems to be fine.

We have to take my son to meet his dad Thursday evening. After that, we will go watch my husband's grandson play baseball. This is the first year that he is playing and we are both excited. I played softball and my husband played baseball growing up. We are really looking forward to it!

We are going to spray the garden tonight. I don't like to do that, but some bugs seem to think that my tomatoes are for their delight. Not so. Death to the bugs! *evil laugh here*

We got a bunch of beans out of the garden to dry and put up for next year's garden. I am already starting to make plans. First, I have to get the garden ready for fall and make those plans. I know some of what we will plant, but need to see what I have left and saved from last year. Then I will have to order some seeds.

My husband has a sinus infection. Not sure if it is from the dental work or just because. We are treating it and he seems to be on the back end of it. Not soon enough for him. I don't blame him, I don't like them either.

We had fried fish again last night. We did not have game night. We listened to music instead. It has been a while since we have done that, too. I think we will have game night tonight. Yahtzee is calling my name!

One of the things that we do each week is set up a meal plan. That allows us to use up all the leftovers and not have to throw food out. The meal plan is of course flexible. We decide what we think sounds good for the week, write it down, then invariably change something at some point. It seems to be just a starting place while allowing both of us to be part of the planning process. Cuz who wants to be the only one choosing dinner every night?

Our reel mower seems to be doing a good job as long as we stay on top of the yard. Or my husband stays on top of the yard. 😀  I think we will stick with it. No gas or oil? I'm in.

See y'all later!

P.S. Supper tonight is home made pizza. I have the dough rising right now and all the topping picked out and ready to go. Dessert/snack is going to be fresh fruit.

P.P.S. I am thankful that the bee sting for my poor puppy wasn't worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment